Raj Kumar Hirani‘s latest Ranbir Kapoor starrer film Sanju has garnered to a lot of positive critical acclaim, with a net box office collection of 186.41 crores in 6 days. And while the film takes the audience on a roller coaster ride of emotions, the movie can be seen as an attempt to whitewash Hirani’s long time friend, Sanjay Dutt. Clearly, the movie makes a point of announcing Sanjay Dutt as not a terrorist, the movie uses some falsifications to create sympathy within our minds for the actor.
In a recent YouTube video by FMF films, the creators makes some good points about the movie. Here are some ways in which the truth was perverted in the movie-
- The movie starts by Sanju lighting up his biography which compares him to Gandhi, thus instilling Sanjay Dutt as a simple honest man. The starting makes us believe that follows is the truth. Ironically enough, in the past Sanjay Dutt has been recorded on an episode of Aapki Adaalat comparing himself to Gandhi in real life.
- While Hirani is a famed and successful director and could’ve made a biopic on any of the great indian lives, but chose to make a biopic on Sanjay Dutt to whom he feels indebted for his directorial success.
- Hirani’s latest is an attempt to whitewash his long time friend’s image and set a good image for the star for the upcoming Munna Bhai 3. With Sanju not only has he claimed the box office collection for his current movie but also paved a way for his next big success.
- The movie tells us that Sanju kept a gun for his father’s safety. But in an interview Sanjay admitted to have kept the gun for recreational purposes, he is fond of guns and hunting and purchased the gun with the intention of using it a couple of times and throwing it away.
- In voice recordings released by the Maharashtra Police Sanjay Dutt had dangerous alliances with people like Dawood Ibrahim but the movie only showcases local goons worried about Ganpati Visarjans.
- Anupama Chopra, Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s wife is one of the leading critics of India and often chooses to comment upon the characters of various films, has conviniently left out critiquing her husband’s movie. Her Silence speaks more than words.
WIC is not condemning Sanjay Dutt for his life choices, but we merely mean to say that not every thing we saw was true and in Sanju’s words- Media waha ni jaati jahan khabar sachi hoti hai par jahan khabar sabse chatpati hoti hai