Cooking and Mom are like Synonyms. Mom cooks, we eat 😛 But, have you ever imagined this happening the other way around? Like, you cook and mom eats? Provided you don’t turn the kitchen into a mess! (that would be a nightmare for her.) I guess nothing could be a better gift for your mom this Mother’s Day other than this! The look on her face would be priceless upon learning that the apple of her eyes took so much pain to cook for her. So in order to make your cooking experience less messy and more pleasurable, look at these few easy-peasy recipes for a meal including a drink, a starter, a main course dish and a dessert.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
Ingredients Required: A bottle of Sprite, few mint leaves, ice cubes, few thin lemon slices.
- Crush few ice cubes.
- Add mint leaves and lemon slices and crush for 3-4 times.
- Put ice cubes, mint leaves, lemon slices in a glass and pour Sprite
Viola! your Virgin Mojito is ready. Mind you, it tastes perfect! It has the right amount of sweetness, citrus flavour and mint.
Mewari Paapad Paneer
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Ingredients required: 10 pieces of 1 inch paneer cubes, 2 tbsp achaar ka masala, cornflour, water, paapad, oil for frying.
- Put the achaar ka masala on a sieve to remove the excess oil and attain only the masala.
- Take 2 paapad and crush them in a mixer grinder till they transform into powder and spread the powdered paapad on a plate.
- Take a bowl half filled with water and add 5 tbsp of cornflour powder.
- Now, take the paneer cubes and cut through the cubes but don’t cut the cubes into pieces. We want just 2 deep cut in them.
- Fill the cut with achaar ka masala. Then, dip the cubes in cornflour-water mix.
- Roll the cubes in powdered paapad.
- Take enough oil in a deep pan (to deep fry the cubes) and heat for 2 minutes.
- Carefully add the paneer cubes to heated oil and fry till they turn golden brown.
- Take the paneer cubes out on tissue paper.
Your scrumptious mewari paapd paneer is ready to be served.
Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Ingredients required: Bread, cheese cubes, butter, thick curd, 1/3 tbsp salt & pepper, chilli flakes, oregano, american corn, red/green/yellow bell peppers, onion, carrot.
- Dice onions, red, green & yellow bell peppers, and carrot.
- Put them in a container and add 5 tbsp of thick curd and 1/3 tbsp salt & pepper and a handful of american sweet corn. Also, add oregano and chilli flakes according to taste. Mix well.
- Grate two cubes of cheese in it and mix.
- Take a slice of bread and spread the cheesy mixture on it.
- Grate another cube of cheese on the mixture and put a slice over it.
- Put butter on top of both the slices and grill the sandwich in your sandwich maker.
Serve your grilled cheese sandwich with tomato ketchup and salted potato wafers to impress your mom like a pro!
Eggless Chocolate Cake
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Ingredients Required: Parle-G biscuits (20 biscuits), Hide and Seek Biscuit (20 biscuits), 3 tpsp of powdered sugar, 1 cup of lukewarm milk, a packet of non flavoured Eno.
- Powder the biscuits (hide and seek and parle-G) separately in a mixer and then mix both well in a bowl.
- Add powdered sugar and mix well.
- Add vanilla essence & milk to the bowl and keep stirring to avoid lumps in the batter.
- Grease your mould with butter/ghee and flour.
- Add the whole packet of Eno, mix and without resting the batter, pour into your greased container.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 150°C in a pre-heated oven (10 minutes at 180°C) or until the toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Take the container out of oven and keep it for cooling. After it is cooled, remove the cake from the tin by running a knife around the edges and inverting it on a plate.
- You can decorate the cake as you like.
The cake is chocolaty, soft, spongy and tastes heavenly! Your mom would definitely love the magical taste of your love and hands.
CJ Tip : Don’t forget to clean the kitchen before you leave for a happy life post mother’s day 😛