Life is hard when you’re living alone in a city, working from 9-5 and come back home only to realize that you still have to fix yourself some dinner. For long days when you aren’t feeling so fancy, here is a quick recipe to make Chinese Fried Rice from leftover rice. the recipe takes hardly 10 minutes of your effort and will leave you feeling grateful for all that is Chinese-
- Heat a wok and add some oil, chopped garlic and onion greens to it.
- Once you get rid of the raw garlic smell, pop in whatever chopped veggies you have in your refrigerator. Carrots, Capsicum, Cabbage, Peas and whatever else you can get your hands on. Make sure you chop the vegetables really fine before you add them to the wok.
- Stir fry the veggies for a 2-3 minutes, add a tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of chilly sauce, 1 tablespoon of schezwan chutney a few drops of vinegar, salt as per your taste and some black pepper to spice up your fried rice.
- Finally add your leftover rice to the wok and stir the rice around taking care to use a light hand while doing so. Also sprinkle some Ching’s Fried Rice Masala in case you have some handy.
- And Voila! your Chinese style fried rice is ready. You can also shred some leftover chicken into this or scramble some eggs to make a non vegetarian variant of this recipe.