A big bowl of Dalia is a healthy meal in itself. For all those who don’t understand Dalia, its also known as broken wheat. Adding broken wheat, boiled chickpeas, and roasted peppers to your salad will make it even more delicious. Make sure that the peppers are char-grilled before they are used in the recipe. Using vegetable stock is preferable as it gives a nice flavor to the wheat, while the lemon juice and olive oil dressing bring out the flavors of all the ingredients. Serve chilled garnished with chopped parsley, your and your family will love the taste of this salad.
- 1 big sized green capsicum
- 1 big red capsicum
- 2 cups broken wheat (Dalia),
- soaked in hot water for 20 minutes and drained
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1 cup Kabuli chana (white chickpeas) , soaked and boiled
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- salt to taste
- Apply ½ tbsp of oil evenly over the green and red capsicum. Pierce each of them with a fork and roast them over a medium flame till they turn black.
- immerse them in water and remove the skin, stem, and seeds and chop into 25 mm. (1”) cubes. Keep aside.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients, including the capsicum cubes in a bowl and toss well.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.